E-Commerce Shop Coordinator
May 18, 2023
Job Title/Position: E-Commerce Shop Coordinator
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Salary: $40k to $50k; Depending on experience
The E-Commerce Shop Coordinator procures donated items via online channels to support the overall TGCP mission. This role will work directly with our Shop Coordinator, Chairity Manager, Marketing Manager and TGCP Leadership and staff. The ECommerce Coordinator will assist the Development Team on all special events and fundraisers. Must be able to market to audiences via social media and email marketing campaigns.
- Proficient with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify or Square.
- Attention to detail for inventory management and products listed and sold.
- Conduct product research to determine pricing on similar offerings by other vendors in the marketplace for resale to the public, employees, and volunteers.
- Responsible for building positive interactions and relationships with customers and communicating across email and phone, with clear and concise communication skills.
- Assist customers’ needs with product selection, order placement, and resolutions.
- Maintain database of products.
- Preparing products for our annual shop.
- Research, clean, price, organize and display retail inventory.
- Photograph and edit products to prepare for online sale.
- Maintain and update photo file management.
- Ensure timeliness of online posting.
- Assist with the implementation of special events and in-person sales.
- Strong social media and marketing skills to optimize listings on website to increase sales.
Required Skills and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Communication, Marketing, Business etc.) or comparable experience in e-commerce retail.
- Capable of working independently.
- Experience in a retail or furniture store, specifically with online selling platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize large volumes of inventory.
- Knowledge of the value of furniture, home accessories, and other treasures that would be suitable for resale.
- Ability to merchandise for retail sale.
- Online selling platform savvy.
- Strong skills with social media and email marketing tactics.
- Communicate and be committed to the organization’s mission, vision, and principles.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with nonprofit partners, agencies, community leaders, volunteers, and the public.
- Excellent organizational skills-ability to prioritize work, multitask and be detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a small, non-profit work environment that is fast-paced and ever-changing.
- Strong team player and willing to help others across the organization.
- Physical strength and stamina.
- The Green Chair Project employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Being present and available to assist when called upon on – including bending, twisting, lifting with frequency.
- Ability to maintain high level of physical activity on your feed (32,000 sf building).
- Minimal local travel as needed to antique shop booths.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, or other reasons prohibited by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, use of all company facilities, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, participation in any of the organizations’ programs or services, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
NOTE: The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.