Job Title/Position: Warehouse Team Member
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (hourly)
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Payrate: $15 – 20 per hour
Warehouse Team Members are positive energetic individuals who have a passion for teamwork and collaboration. Warehouse Team Members are responsible for performing an array of duties such as receiving and processing incoming furniture donations, and furnishings, picking and filling orders from stock, packing and shipping orders, or managing, organizing and retrieving stock from the warehouse.
- Completes shipments by processing and loading orders, using creativity and unique solutions.
- Prepares orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area.
- Cleaning and inspecting donations for defects/damages and process accordingly.
- Completes deliveries by driving truck or van to and from vendors and families.
- Juggle competing demands between, virtual families, donation pickups, bed deliveries, showroom set up, donation cleaning/processing, helping retail team, etc.
- Maintains truck or van by completing preventive maintenance requirements and arranging for repairs.
- Enforces inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Provides quality service by following organization standards.
- Preserves a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat and organized.
- Promotes a clean shipping supply area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Completes reports by entering required information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks as needed.
Skills and Capabilities:
- HS diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of experience in a warehouse setting.
- Data entry skills required.
- Ability to learn pallet stacker.
- Must have a valid driver license, insurance, and pass DMV Check.
- Experience with vehicle repair/maintenance is highly preferred.
- Committed to the organization’s mission, vision and principles.
- Punctuality, Hard work and Consistency in attendance are an absolute must and critical to our daily operations.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a small, non-profit work environment that is fast paced and ever changing.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate and plan tasks that must be completed in a timely manner.
- Strong team player and willing to help others across the organization.
- 75-100 pounds frequently, very physically demanding.
- Ventilation in the warehouse can be limited, summers can be very challenging and hot.
- Being present and available to assist when called upon on-including bending, twisting, lifting with frequency.
- Ability to maintain high level of physical activity on your feet (32,000 sf building)
- Travel limited to local pickups and deliveries performed in the Green Chair Moving
EEO statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, political affiliation, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, or other reasons prohibited by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination and opportunity policy extends to employment, use of all company facilities, membership, board service and leadership, volunteerism, participation in any of the organizations programs or services and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
NOTE: The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.