Green Chair’s Impact in 2020
The Green Chair staff chose “gratitude” as our word of the year at the beginning of 2020. At the time, we could not have expected the opportunities and challenges that COVID-19 would bring! We are so grateful for the support we have received from our community: including all of our volunteers; donors; community and corporate partners; case managers and referring agencies and those who shopped online!
Despite the extraordinary year, with your help, we have been able to:
- Furnish 1200 family households with furniture and deliver beds to 1350 children
- Marshal the resources to fulfill the 150% increase in requests for our services
- Pivot how we serve families during the COVID-19 pandemic by moving to a virtual showroom experience- still preserving the power and dignity of choice
- Cover the last mile for partner nonprofits to connect children to other critical services like food, clothing, school supplies and healthy home bundles, that they lost access to while not in school
- Delivered furnishings lovingly packaged by our dedicated volunteers who provided off-site and on-site support while social distancing
- Continue working with Case Managers and Partner Agencies to support our neighbors in need
- Partner with Wake County to run an online furnishing program for those coming out of Homelessness due to COVID-19.
- Expand our Sweeter Dreams beds program to include cribs
- Work with corporate and community partners to make large deliveries
- Take the Shop for The Green Chair Project online at shopgreenchair.com
Thank you for your continued support, we are ready for 2021!